Thứ Bảy, 22 tháng 10, 2011

Uncharted 2 is NOT the best game this generation.

Oh, Uncharted 2. A game that got an amazing amount of awards from everywhere- and in my opinion, well deserved.

A title that was practically perfect on what it did, although it had one, ONE fatal flaw for me:

I could not replay it.

Uncharted 2 was a cinematic and set pieces-heavy game. It had things blowing up, it conveniently stopped you before this big piece of wood fell and crushed you horribly, it had alot of dialog (good dialog, mind you), and a plot akin to the ones of Indiana Jones, with some likeable characters.

It also had a mix of puzzles and platforming, as well as gunfights.

But...after playing it once, I could not bring myself to play it again.

Let me elaborate; everything was done perfectly. Thing is, the gameplay itself wasn't all that fun. It was pretty basic most of the time, in fact.

This is what killed a replay for me. Lack of fun. Too basic. Felt like a chore, we could say.

I couldn't replay the campaign- and being a Single Player-only (Well, most of the time) guy, Uncharted 2 just fell on the dark depths of my collection, being covered by dust as time passed.

I did not felt the same the first time through it- in fact, I could not stop playing it. There was just something that hooked me up to the game. As I've stated on this post before, it wasn't the case the second time through it.

Personally, lack of a great gameplay is a fatal flaw in a game. It is perfect for what it does- but it just feels too...basic. There's nothing AWESOME and INCREDIBLE about it, and a game that just feels boring...my theory is, the game was just awesome the first time around, but after that it fell short for said basic gameplay I've mentioned. The set pieces were awesome, the whole thing made you go "whoah!"- but, after you've seen everything the game had to offer, it did not felt fun nor incredible.

How is such a basic, boring game the best GAME this generation?

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét