Thứ Năm, 20 tháng 10, 2011

3DS and PSP2 spec. guess

Well the 3DS specs. are rumored to have been released, and until an official word from Nintendo we'll have to take it with a grain of salt, but I'm pretty sure the specs are spot on. In case you haven't seen them here's the link.

http://www.bestnintendo3dsg...

Now I personally had already formed my opinion on what I felt each handheld was going to be pushing spec wise, and here's what I came up with.

3DS thoughts

CPU: 400 - 800 MHz processor for top screen (480 Mhz) Gamecube
100 - 200 MHz processor for bottom screen (120 Mhz) Nintendo 64

Since Nintendo is known for recycling tech I wouldn’t be surprised if the bottom screen is the former top screen for the original DS and only uses a 64 MHz processor. But I think Nintendo's going to try harder this go round, but they're still going to be left behind.

RAM: 128 - 512MB (256MB) More than any Nintendo system

First off I never split up V RAM, and D Ram which is why there's only one figure. The Wii is their most powerful system and it only has 88MB. The 3DS games look on par with the Wii some a little better (whether it’s the tech or small screen?) and with a lower end processor, the web browser, 3D, and other features it needs the RAM update. I'm being generous here, but I think they'll go with 128MB.

GPU: 256 MHz GPU for top screen
64 MHz GPU for bottom screen

Again Nintendo is known for not pushing tech, and if we look at everything the 3DS is doing, it’s not really pushing anything, only catching up. Its games look better than their PSP counterparts, but it doesn’t blow the PSP out of the water. No doubt about it the 3DS is going to improve over time as all consoles do, but I don’t see it reaching XBox 360 level graphics. 480p, 30fps (Max 3D) or 480p, 60fps (2D)

So as you can see I gave the 3DS too much love, and if the rumored specs. are right, then the 3DS is practically on par with the PSP. That's what makes me doubt these rumored specs., but we'll have to wait and see.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét