Chủ Nhật, 25 tháng 12, 2011

FarmVille Pic of the Day: Curtlav's mountainside farm

Curtlav's FarmVille design takes a very different approach from the past few featured farms. Cat99 and Cynne's Gaga-themed farms were crazy and colorful. While Curtlav's mountain farm is just as technically impressive, it embraces a peaceful mood that simply wasn't present in the crazy Gaga farms.

This mountainside farm is deceptively complex. At first glance you might not realize that all the incredible depth and variable height is actually created using careful item placement and stacking. The mountains and bluffs are made up of dozens of small rocks and logs. Train tunnels, mountains, and an entire farm were all built using this technique.

Also, don't forget, there is no water in FarmVille! All those waterfalls, rivers, and lakes are created using other items such as hay bales.

Luckily, Curtlav was able to answer some of our questions about the farm. Check out what the farm-artist had to say about this awesome design:

    "I've always been detail oriented and I put a lot of hours into [this farm], a couple hours here and there. I would estimate forty hours over two months.

    I first made tunnels on my winter farm coming out of the mountains. Then I cleaned my winter farm up, stored everything cause I needed more crops for coins. Shortly after that I had all these logs sitting in storage so i just messed around, that's how it ended up.

    I was messing around again with the rocks and said, "Hey i can make cliffs with these!" So i spent every coin I had on them. I've changed the waterfall and river three times. It wont be changed again, I'm happy with it now.

    I'm more into the realistic looking farms and the art of it. I'm not even much into the farming part." - Curtlav


Curtlav's knack for details and realistic looking farms certainly shows through this mountainside farm masterpiece.

What do you think of Curtlav's farm?

If you have an AWESOME FarmVille farm that you want to see featured on Games.com, please email a picture to editors@games.com, Include a few words about the inspiration for your design and maybe a few tips for people who need an assist!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét